Thursday, April 13, 2006

HDTV removes the need to rent DVDs

I finally had installed HDTV service from DirecTV. Picture quality is simply mind blowing. My TV is only capable of reproducing 720p imagery, but that still compares quite favourably with DVD, which usually does 480i/p. Got not too many channels there, but at any given time there is either a movie or a series in HD format of interest to me or somebody else in the family. I really think there is no chance that DVD rental companies will survive long term... Right now, number of people with big screen TVs is stil a small fraction of consumers, but two years from now, I would not be bothered with either HD-DVD or Blu-Ray. Either stream it or beam it to my TV, I don't care for this piece of plastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home