Sunday, January 07, 2007

That's entertainment! Is it?

I hate to be wrong. I hate to be embarassed. How more embarassed can you get when your friends' kid wants to play a game on your PC and you can not get the game to work in a matter of 10-15 minutes? It is an outrage!!! We've amost finished a bottle of cogniac among the three of male party members, and here's this kid who got bored doing other stuff, and here's this game (Dark Age of Camelot) that I have bought as a New Year's present but had no chance to hand out... I plop in a DVD disk and game installation begins... Installation procedure asks for an account name that is an Administrative account (why the FUCK?!?!?!?! This is the same shit why my daughter, who obviously logs in to a PC using an account without administrative privileges can not play Sims 2...) ok, I give it the privileges. Istallation completes, but nothing is there for the kid to play the game. No shortcuts on the desktop, no entry in the "Programs" system menu. You know what? Fuck you, gaming industry bellwether! The kid ended up opening Firefox and was playing Runescape in no time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home