Monday, May 14, 2007

Watch list for tomorrow

First, setting up a sell order on PNW at 49.50 and for DIVX at 18.23. Just because... just from looking at the graphs. Just to have something set up if I choose to not to get up too early. Getting up early every day is getting quite tiring, and it adds to disappointment as nothing changes and portfolio goes anywhere but up.

When I get up, whether those preset orders execute or whether I decide to sell for less, what should I buy? I think SIMG. Obviously I don't fully understand everything that is going on with this stock. This is a solid company that produced a lot of chips for HDTVs, at P/E of around 16 and at levels close to one-year low, I would expect it to rebound. Longer term, TM may become irresistible at some point. Say, $105?

DNDN is a nice speculative play, which began recovery, but not for my risk tolerance.

Other Motley Fool CAPS prescreened possibilities: OYOG, DWSN, PAL, KRY, SIL, ARTG, PRFT, SLW, CYBS, MIDD, BWLD, RTP, AAUK, BHP.

OYOG: from the look of the chart, seems to be in correction that may continue for another one to two months. If it gets below $66 closer to the end of that cycle, it would warrant more research and may represent a buying opportunity with perspective of growth to, hopefully, at least 85 before winter. But of no help to me, as significant movements upwards in very short term are unlikely.

DWSN: similar to OYOG, just scale the numbers accordingly :)

PAL: I'd shy away without further research as company has negative earnings. And same for KRY and SIL.

ARTG: has unfortunately shown tendency to return to P/E levels of 20 in its lows, from which it's a tad away now. Well, what solid growth would one expect from software consultancy? PRFT's chart looks better (robustness of upwards momentum is apparent), but still it's too expensive.

CYBS: while I'm myself employed in high-tech industry, never heard of this "secure blah provider". Not my cup of tea.

SLW: from the looks of the chart, if it proves 10.5 is impenetrable within the reminder of the week, it should rebound from that level nicely, to 11.2 the next week.

MIDD: something out of the ordinary, IMO. The chart implies extremely robust growth and investor confidence, with occassional profit takings by institutionals which, just like now, represent a rare opportunity to get in at a reasonable price point (Meaning, with less risk that the stock will go under for a brief while right after purchase. Which may not really matter, but for a beginner like myself, red positions in a portfolio are too unpleasant).

(Getting tired and it's time to go to bed) BWLD, RTP, BHP and AAUK: all only begin to correct. Check back in a month? Boy, it looks like I'm in a need of some tool to keep track of those predictions. Or, rather, in a need of some time to invest, as such tools should be available in many places online, and not in the least at my online broker's site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home