Monday, May 07, 2007

IRA game continues

At the beginning of the day, my picks show some movement upwards which improves my chances of closing positions in PNW and DIVX. What will I replace them with? Let's see...

USU, what an awesome company: keeps on going higher and higher, with very few meaningful dips: excellent choice for long-term investment, but not for my purpose. Will keep it on the radar for the exit strategy (when my free trades end up).

YHOO, down from the speculative boom on MSFT buyout breakup, but still volatile, yet with low downside risk and off it's month-ago high. Takes steps to reduce cost of operations (recent partnership with Flicr to manage all its photos).

IOTN, should probably shy away from it as it tends to drop suddenly and recover over an extended period of time.

CHRT is on the second leg of it's bullish retreat, there may be an opprtunity to buy at just under $8.

NTGR approaches its SMA 50 to go barely under and continue ascent, from how the graph looks. May be an opportunity to buy in second half of the week, at around $35.

Meanwhile, while I was writing this, PNW has established some "corridor" and I think I can set the sell price now. Jaust outside of that "corridor will suite me well. $49.36 is the limit price for the day.

DIVX is trending upwards, but there will be, I would guess, multiple resistance levels on the way up at "round" numbers like 17.5, 17.75. Let's not bee too greedy and set the price to high + $0.01. $17.46 it is.

Update: wow! Look how GROW has come down in price! Being a profitable comapny regardless of lower earnings, that may represent a great buying opportunity... just not yet. Stock has been volatile and before coming down today, it was up so much. And an inverse head-and-shoulders is not assuring much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home