Saturday, May 12, 2007

Market buying frenzy

This is not making me feel right, such wild gains (although those gains occur not in the IRA portfolio I'm supposed to be concerned with most at the moment). I may want to execute on exit strategy sooner than I thought. After all, what good are those small gains if recession falls on our heads not two years from now, but before year's end. Knowing well my nature to not sell losers in hopes they may recover, in recession scenario this will be catastrophic.

Should I relocate my money from "growth" stocks (honestly, haven't seen too much growth there either) into mutual funds? Those stocks that pay dividends may stay as they are. I started this course towards dividend stocks already with purchase of ASN and EPR. But boy, how disappointing is the fact that there's still no USU in my portfolio.

AMD is showing some promise lately. Shorts are steadily growing, and news of significant institutional invesment have lifted the stock from lows not seen for over a year. In fact, IMO, AMD has bottomed and if my feelings are correct and if there would be no recession within the next year, the stock would repeat its staggering performance of two-years-ago when it tripled over two-year period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home