Monday, April 30, 2007

IRA game, first day's results

Trade of CRDN did not happen, but PNW purchase has executed. Stock continued sliding down and ended with loss of almost 0.5%. I put an order to sell if stock gains 2.5% tomorrow. Figures, the idea to split the money into two chunks wasn't a stupid one given my tendency to try to set purchase price lower than a stock may touch during a day. What do I do with the other half? The problem is, I can't do anything today, as there's this weird scheme where money are not in the cash account, but rather in a money-market sweep, so the order that has expired did not actually free the funds. This sucks. Probably I should call customer service and ask them to remove this unhelpful feature. Or I'd dig around their website to find where this option is disabled.

Overall, today was a rather good day as market went down so much, whoever wanted to find bargains have found a plenty. Candidates for tomorrow: LUKOY, that has this profile of declining abruptly and recovering just as fast; also FORM, NTGR, CEGE, in addition to whatever I used today to shortlist opportunities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home