Friday, April 27, 2007

IRA game: where to now?

It may have took over a month for funds transfer to complete, but today I was notified by email that my IRA funds have arrived to my broker's account. It's time to start planning strategy and executing.

Initially, I thought I'll put the entire sum on the line: investing into one stock at a time. Now I'm not so sure. Splitting the entire pot into 2 or 3 chunks and extending trading periods somewhat may have its benefits. After all, what are the chances my picks would do as I'd expect within a range of one day? Extremely small... So far, whenever I'd buy a stock, for a period of several days to a several months (several years for rare few like Netflix) it would be underwater. So... I'm torn.

Another issue, what is it that I'm to buy? Ive been following a couple dozens of companies more or less closely (having invested in about half of those on my watch list), and I've collected a list of other companies that I consider risky due to even greater lack of knowledge. Among those, I will need a company that is trending upwards in greater scheme of things, but one that has suffered a setback recently. So, what am I to choose from the likes of AMD, INTC, CHRT, BDCO, EWT, ÈRTS, NTDOY, NFLX, ADRU, NOK, NBR, DWA, PNW, EPR, OXY, COP, CMG, OMG, THQI, TM, ENER, LUKOY, SPSN, etc.? I'm overwhelmed and confused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home