Sunday, April 29, 2007

IRA game: preparations for tomorrow

Starting with boring stuff: tried to get more sleep today, as tomorrow I'll need to get up early. Didn't quite work, but I'm not giving up yet, will try to get to bed earlier than usual in the evening.

Next preparation: I'm shortlisting a whole bunch of stocks using tools provided by my broker. I decided that I should add to the stocks I monitored myself for some period. Fortunately, there's a place to draw on other's experience: The Motley Fool Caps game. There sure are folks that know their trade (pun intentional) over there. Since I'm still scared shitless of selling stocks short, my strategy then would be: find good stocks that had fallen in price and likely to recover. How do I know a good stock? Well, I might not know, really, but those folks at the top of their game ratings, presumably, would.

Then again, even the best of the best make mistakes sometimes, due to almost random nature of the markets. Which means, if a stock in a winning portfolio suffered a continuous decline, this is not a good pick for me. With those considerations in my mind, I'm adding MSCC, MDC, AKAM, JBLU, SUF, JSDA, CRDN, BOOM to my watch list. I'll also watch the news early tomorrow for any fresh ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home